Wednesday 17 April 2013

Foundations


“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Mathew 7:24-27

A couple of years ago a friend of mine started talking about a book that would go on to change my life. The book opened a new chapter of my life and changed my life and my perspective on who I am as a person forever. I was never going to be the same again. I read the book and found out more about myself than I thought was possible. It was called "Wild at Heart".

The book may not be very relevant to what I'm about to write, but it is in some ways connected. The paths that we take in our spiritual journeys are various and different. I'm excited to hear about these, what makes God so beautiful is that He makes everything different, nothing is ever the same. He prefers not to be boring, He likes to be different. 

Even though the roads that we take are different and should be rightfully so, the REASON shouldn't. 

Most people pursue God because of social pressures, they want to fit in, their parents are Christian, they have nowhere else to go, they want to impress that guy or girl in church. That can't be your foundation. Or your spiritual house will come crashing down. No matter what you do there can't be any other REASON other than Christ that you are pursuing your spiritual journey.

God is that solid foundation. 

There is no other.

I at times pursued spirituality for reasons that weren't completely Godly. And I have learnt my lessons. God loves us none the less, we're still learning. But our reason must be Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment