Wednesday 10 April 2013

Rise despite

“For many are called, but few are chosen.” Mathew 22:14

The truth is some days I wake up and feel like crap (pardon my french). Yes, I'm at a constant battle with things of the flesh.

I get annoyed, I lose my temper, I say things I wish I hadn't. I'm constantly in a place where I need to be better, need to be a better person because I feel like my level of "goodness" isn't up there. I want to do things that would be pleasing to God's heart but somehow feel like I'm failing God. I feel like I'm not the people person I should be, I mean a Godly person should love people right? Yet I somehow I feel like I can't trust others, I feel like I can't be friendly, that I can't reach out.

The truth is that I didn't always feel this way. There are so many things that contribute us to acting this way. The heartaches, the betrayals, the fights, the arguments. They tend to hurt us so much that we forget the fact that there is something much greater. Someone much greater. Who had all these things hit in His face and rose above because He loved God's people, His own people. God's love is so deep it makes us fall in love with people.

God's love is changing me, it's changing all of us. His Word is challenging us, the broken people to rise and love others. The verse above talks about everybody being called to be part of the great feast, but not everyone wanting to be part of it. It's challenging for us to be part of it.

Be a part of God's love, His joy, His celebration.

Also grace has this funny way of transforming us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment