Saturday 6 April 2013

Make me Move

There are days where I just sit here on my desk, wondering whether there is anything to live for. The truth is most days I feel the force of the world around me eroding parts of me little by little. Some days I feel like I can't carry my cross. Some days I feel like I just want to throw it down and go back and live in solitude. I think we expect this sudden surge of perfection all around us.

Perfection not in just ourselves but in our stories.

But a big part of what makes our stories beautiful is the struggle. The truth is that the blood, sweat and pain color our pictures, contrasting with the eventual joy, glory and triumph. There would be no triumph if there was no fall. The matter of the fact is that we are all living the underdog story. None of us was supposed to make it this far, but grace has intervened on our behalf.

The realization that I am not just a nobody, but a somebody, gives me the confidence to take that leap of faith. Yeah, that leap of faith I took as a child and no longer had the confidence to take as an adult. The fact that someone made the effort to come from worlds apart to save Me? How was I worthy?
That changes my entire world, my entire perspective. It gives me strength, hope and will to make a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment